Friday, January 28, 2011

What to make of it?

The Taxi Driver never made it to his destination. But without realizing it, the Sliver Woman had overplayed her hand. She should have sent one of her minions. But her presence in my dream began peeling away the clouds. Maybe that’s what the Driver intended all along.

I have always been a rational man. I considered myself an atheist because I had seen no example of god in the natural world. I worked as a math teacher in a suburb of Dayton, Ohio.

But the dream was unlike anything I had ever experienced. It nagged at me.

Over the next week, I researched dreams and their meanings, and found little at first. But two small sparks lit embers in the back of my mind.

I say the Sliver Woman overplayed her hand because of this Web site. While Googling random terms from my dream, looking for some precedent, I stumbled upon theories of interdimensional beings, and the fact that two beings from different dimensions can’t touch one another.

This is interesting, but meaningless, I thought. It was a dream, not an alien abduction. But then I began to ask: what are dreams? Why are they necessary? What physiological function do they serve? 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment