Sunday, February 13, 2011

Off to the woods

$3,436.50. That is what all my worldly belongings are worth. It feels a lot lighter to have it all in my pocket than lying around my house as chairs and table lamps. I like it better this way.

Of course, that is misleading. I kept my car, a laptop and the furniture at the cabin. Plus a ton of groceries. I wonder how long it will be before the canned peaches run out. I find it unlikely I’ll be able to grow a peach tree out there, and I’m sure I’ll miss them when I’m gone.

But I do have seeds for just about everything else: tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onions, watermelon, grains, herbs and on and on. I also bought a little grape vine, olive tree and apple tree. I don’t feel like messing with feed for animals, so I guess I’ll be a vegetarian when the canned stuff runs out. I’ve never much liked the idea of having animals killed for my dinner, anyways. And if I change my mind, I can go fishing.

It’ll be a couple days and a few more trips to the cabin before I’m ready to completely drop off the map. Hopefully I can get it all done before the weather gets nasty again. I’m a little scared about being alone all that time. But once I deposit today’s earnings, I’ll have more than $25,000 in the bank. So I can keep the Internet running until The Time comes.

A couple people have e-mailed and urged me to reconsider my flight to the woods. It's important to note that I'm not running from the Sliver Woman. I just feel like I've been asked to be some sort of narrator, and I need to be removed from the story to properly fill that role. 

On an unrelated note, this is a great website for exploring the world of dream. There are several people there who have had similar experiences. I thing they manifest differently to different people, but they are the same characters. And the same vague prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment